Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What, its what's for dinner!

Last night we went shopping online for a grain mill and for grain. This is something the husband has wanted to do for a long time and much research was completed to get us to this spot. We got the Country Living one (pictured left) and 45lbs of wheat to start. I guess this is going to be another one of our interesting adventures! Part of what prompted us to do this was the seriously rising costs of wheat. 

I don't know if you are watching it or if you care to go there and that is totally cool but if you are concerned about economy and shortages, you should have a look at what is going on with wheat by just googling it. Maybe you will finish reading it and think that I have finally lost my coconuts or maybe it will stir something within you that makes you want to find out more information. Either way I am cool with it. I have not lost my mind (yet) but I am interested in the whole wheat milling process. I think it would be incredibly neat to mill wheat and then further process that into bread. Also, if you were with me last winter, you should know that bread has been one of my main focuses during the winter months because I would love to be able to create that perfect loaf!

What are you doing today to help make your family more self sustained? What have you done in the last week to help spare our environment? Do you have any long term plans for your family in these ways or do you think people who make these types of plans are cuckoo? lol
It wouldn't suck to hear from you!

p.s. Chris, the zombie spy truck post is coming!

1 comment:

Chris Murch said...

Bring on the zombies!