Thursday, July 3, 2008

Two weeks on the grid - whiney update

Normally we spend every weekend available at the cabin. When we are up there we work hard and I know I have said this before, but we (or at least I) really enjoy splitting wood, lighting candles, washing dishes in a bucket, hauling water, doing construction, planning the progress, searching for recycled items etc. At the end of the day, we are tired but we wake up in the morning ready to do it all again. This weekend, husband is on call for his job and this means he has to be within arms reach of his computer and the internet. Since we haven't worked all that out, we have to stay here.

I am whining now so I apologize... but...

In the mornings at the cabin, I wake up and immediately go sit on our front porch with my camera. I have been accosted by humming birds, watched giant woodpeckers, turkeys etc. One of these days I want to see a moose and that is my goal. (we have seen moose scat on our property and we have witnessed a moose with a full rack having lunch in the river across the street so we know he is there). So on the eve of "independence day" and the long weekend, I find it ironic that we are stuck here lol.

and not here:

No comments: