Monday, July 18, 2011

Tarynn and I are preparing for our trip. There is always so much to do the week before any vacation. I think the week before a vacation where you are flying and then driving everywhere can be even more to do than normal. Not only do I have to consider the flight, hotel etc but I also have to consider driving and then camping.


Yesterday while I was double checking our flights (4 of them!!) to Montana, I noticed a separate (and very small) note about extra fees that United charges for baggage. I guess I don't really mind the additional $30 for extra bags but what got me was the $100-$175 that they want to tack on if your bag is "oversize". Dude, what? After about 20 minutes of searching I found the definition of what over size is. I actually saw TWO different descriptions. Not only do they slam you for a bag that is larger than normal, but they will slam you for a bag that is too heavy. That means don't pack any warm clothing because it will put your suitcase over the allotted 40 (or 50 depends on where you look) pounds.

Andrew was on and off the scale about yesterday holding my bags to ensure that I could get on the flight without having to pay up to $300 extra for the baggage weight. Not sure how we are going to get it home but I will have to be super careful with all the gifts I buy. Sorry Andrew :)

Stupid Airlines.

5 days to go.

No comments: