Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New and eggciting!

I've been a bad blogger. Like so many others I read, the late summer beauty and weather has taken me captive and kept me away from my computer keyboard. My outdoor hobby's have rendered me completely blog blocked! I am here now though with a few updates and announcements.

First... I am extremely giddy with excitement over our newest addition to our family. In 2 weeks, I will be picking up our new.... Silver Laced Cochin henS. Thats right, I said 2. Its nicer to introduce both at the same time. I will be sure to show you pictures!
Silver Laced Wyandotte 1
Image by keltickelton via Flickr

Also, we are very excited to have had found some time to get back into our hiking hobby. We have in fact updated our gear and begun an extensive training regimen preparing us to do the Davis Path and to hike the Franconia Ridge. We will be spending night(s) out there and enjoying the air. I have been a rather large pig and stuffed my body with food non stop since the day I quit smoking so my body needs some time to recover and shed the baggage. Last weekend we hiked Cardigan Mountain by way of the "Holt Trail" which is a bit more difficult than the other trails up.

Photobucket
My husband and friend on our descent.

Photobucket
A picture on our way up.

Photobucket
Harry (dave) and I doing the "trail Ninja" pose.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Beautiful! And I LOVE the trail Ninja pose!!! Too cute.

Laura-Jane said...

Come back!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!