Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hola! Yes Hello!

Kissing Bridge
Image by jcbwalsh via Flickr
Greetings from New Hampshire! I have been gone it seems like forever but now I am back! We had a vacation while some family visited us from the south so we got to do all the fun touristy things that you don’t really ever do because you live someplace. We got to go to the Polar Caves which is something we have been talking about doing for quite some time now. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is visit a local petting zoo, which we did with the kids, it was great fun! It really made me wish I had goats of my own though! Someday I will, you mark my words.

The dogs are doing great, I have decided to take a little break from Great Dane rescue for a while. I just have had such a crazy year this year and feel like I need to give my family, friends and myself a little bit more attention than I have been. IN order to do that, I had to let something very important go so it has been really hard dealing with that. My dogs are well though. We had Django’s ultrasound/Doppler/echo today and it actually went better than expected so thank God for that.

The chickens are big! Its hard to tell but I think that all of them are laying now. We get about 7 or 8 eggs every day with only 10 hens I think that is pretty good! Our 4 Black star lay DAILY and the other 6 probably only lay every other day. I think the day that I get 10 eggs in one day will be amazing!! We have been letting them free-range a lot more lately. They love it and it has definitely made their eggs tastier and more bright orange! The only bad thing is, they are new layers so we don’t know when OR WHERE they are going to lay. I found an egg in the lawn the other day. The dogs ate that one! I am hopeful that they will all start to lay in nest boxes though and then we can free range more often!

So that’s really it for us, I hope all is well with you. I am sure there will be more updates coming! Including the saga of the trail cam!
:D

So i leave you with a picture of my daughter and my cousin enjoying the baby goats.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks