Saturday, March 12, 2011

Update from SWOOD!

Harry and I took a drive up to Swood today to check it out. We had not been up there since October and just wanted to check in and make sure all was well. We had to bring snowshoes because this was an exceptionally blustery winter including many feet of snow and the driveway has not been plowed at all. The street plow had pushed about 5 feet of snow at the base. We parked our car, strapped on the snowshoes and as we were about to head up, I noticed that there was foot prints through the snow bank and winding up the hill to the house!!! We followed that trail ALL the way to the side door of the house!! I thought someone was up there and got very upset until I approached the end of the trail to find this:

Which was located here in relationship to the house:




If you click on the picture you will see a MOOSE NEST!!! I was so excited! We have a MOOSE at our house!!!! how neat!
(dont mind the date on the photo, i can't figure out how to update it to 2011 lol)

Anyway, here is a picture of the house as it stands today with all the snow which as melted considerably. I am thinking there was at least 2 feet of snow still on the driveway and that is right in the sun.



(thats harry strapping on his snowshoes to join me on the trip down the hill.)

We were walking down the hill and I turned around to see Harry and I thought he looked so cute, I made him stop for a photograph. Luckily, I am always "manning" the camera!


I also took some video.



and when we got to the bottom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I just have a quick question about your site. Would you mind emailing me back @ carlymiller687@gmail.com

Thanks,
Carly